Monday 23 March 2015

Clashes in Immoren - Ready for a patrol

"The fire from the mechanikal forge warmed Sorscha. For most soldiers in the Khadoran military walking into a Battle Mechaniks forge was a way to warm their frozen bodies from the ice cold winter for a few minutes. Sorscha would have preferred to stay outside, the cold and ice were her best allies. However, as she stepped into the mechanikal forge she saw two of her trusted companions, one Destroyer and one Juggernaut warjack. She was delighted to be reunited with them. As the door closed behind her she could feel their vortexes coming to life. 

Cheif-mechanik Dorza turned away from the iron forge at the sound of the door closing.
- Welcome Kommander, I hope you had a pleasant trip coming to Rorshik. 
- Pleasant...well, at least I finally arrived, Sorscha grunted.
- Your warjacks are ready, they have been repaired and furbished. Now they are as good as new, Dorza said ignoring Kommander Sorschas answer to his greeting. She seemed upset, or at least annoyed by something.
- Had a run in with some Trollkin, but they won't be bothering anyone no more. Cheif, are my 'jacks ready to go on patrol? I need to make sure that no one threatens Rorshik, not at this time...
- Yes Kommander Sorscha, your warjacks are ready for battle!"

The warjacks are built, painted and based. They are ready for the tabletop. I think I have achieved a little bit better than tabletop standard with these. I didn't dare doing any scratches or chipping on them, but opted for a fairly simple paint job. After the basecoat I gave them a good wash and then reapplied the basecoat and some highlights. The metal parts are made using different techniques, both a black basecoat and drybrush as well as a metal basecoat followed by a wash. A better camera is sorted as you can see. My better half helped me out with this and also took the nice picture.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some gaming done shortly. My original plan that I get my first game going two weeks ago in my FLGS didn't work out. Tuesday I have my next opportunity to play my first game of Warmahordes. So far I've been reading up on the rules and also seeing a couple of Warmahordes games with Khador over at Miniwargaming. For my first game I'm aiming for having Kommander Sorscha, a Destroyer, a Juggernaut and a squad of Widowmakers which is enough for a 15 pts (20 pts inc. Sorschas free points) game.


No comments:

Post a Comment