Sunday 5 April 2015

The Christmas Challenge

Christmas last year brought me a lot of loot. I more or less only got hobby related presents from my family. The stash included an airbrush, WH40K Dark Vengeance, an Imperial Knight from my fiancée and a Flames of War Soviet infantry company from my daughter. As happy as a puppy I collected all my new shiny stuff in one pile, when my lovely fiancée said:
- I bet you won’t have painted all of that by Christmas next year.
- What do you want to bet, I answered confidently.
- If you paint everything you got this Christmas, I’ll give you a second Imperial Knight next year.
And I guess I don’t need to tell you what I answered, safely to say: The bet is on!

The result so far is about 50 undercoated Soviet infantry miniatures, 5 halfway done Dark Angels Space Marines and another 16 Dark Angels and 5 Chaos miniatures built. Since I got my new shiny airbrush I just had to use it. So I’ve undercoated and done a base coat with both the Soviets and the Dark Angels using the airbrush. I’m quite happy with using the airbrush, but so far I haven’t really gotten the hang of how more advanced painting is done with it. My thinking is that I need to master it a bit better before I give the Imperial Knight a go. Since it’s already April, I got to get cracking with those miniatures.

The Dark Angels were the first army I started to collect for WH40K when 2nd edition came out in -93. Somewhere in the basement  I have about 20 Space Marines and Interrogator Chaplain Asmodai laying in wait to be rediscovered. By having my old Dark Angels join forces with the Dark Vengeance ones I would have a sensible force to at least get one or two games in during the year.



Christmas Challenge Statistics
Built: 21 (28mm)
Undercoated: 5 (28mm) / 50 (15mm)
Painted: 0
Finished (Painted and based): 0

No comments:

Post a Comment